My babies

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Prophecy

We had our first Girl Scout sleep over. It was a trial camping experience in my co-leader's back yard. I'm glad that we did it. It felt a lot like a sleep over, but the girls learned a lot about camping and I feel better about the encampment this coming weekend. We didn't get any homesick kids or even over scared kids. I was worried about that. My co-leader saved my life by packing a queen sized air mattress. I actually slept. Sort of. I really like my bed. I love my bed. I missed my bed that whole night. But it was a better sleeping experience than I've ever had out of doors. Damn, frogs are loud.

We took a hike earlier in the day with all the girls. It went pretty well although I think if we had more songs, it would have gone better. I resorted to singing the Brady Bunch and a couple of lines out of Gilligan's Island. I kind of muddled my way through the Jefferson's theme song when Deb,one of the parents who was with us, said, "I think Tess is a tune catcher."

I have never been called a tune catcher before. I didn't even know that it was a talent. I like it though. I remember hearing a Kathy Mattea song once on a country station while I was in the car with my friend Jenny. She always played country. I never did. But the next time I was hanging out with Jenny, the song came on the radio and I sang along. Jenny was amazed. Who knew that is what a tune catcher does? That's me. My husband always marvels on how I can remember lyrics to Christmas carols. I suppose a lot of people can do that, but if you take into consideration that he is incapable of holding on to any lyrics, my abilities are nothing short of miraculous.

So I told my hubby about Deb labeling me a "tune catcher."

He responded with, "The one prophesied? The one sent to save us from the tone deaf tyrant?"

I must be.

No comments: