My babies

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Trollin' for chicks in the Costco line

Know that I like men. I truly do. But there are some things I certainly can do without. Some things, as with wine, you think would mellow with age. You'd think that some of the things that make men a little creepy would eventually fade with some years. But no. So long as they have testicles, they remain slaves to their hormones.

Like a certain uncle of ours who in the receiving line at our father's funeral gladly took the hug from a very pretty friend of my brother. And even had the nerve to turn around and check out her behind. At my father's funeral!!! (I don't really fault him for that. There were few rays of humor during that very dark time and that was one of them. Actually, I'm glad he did it. Makes that memory lighter to bear.)

But to the title of the post. Today I was standing in line for my $1.50 hot dogs at Costco behind a older gentleman -- probably in his late 70's. He was dressed in a grey cardigan, olive slacks and a wool herringbone driving cap which didn't fully conceal the fact that there was not much hair under there. The hair sticking out from under the hat was snowy white. He was old.

In front of him in line was a cute teen-aged girl. She must have been about 16 or 17 years old. An older lady walked by and told the girl to order her a coffee. The lady looked like she was maybe in her 70's as well. She was wearing a lilac overcoat which set off her pretty silver hair which she had done up in big curls near the crown of her head. Well, the elder in front of me watched the girl's grandma walk by, turned around to watch her walk away, and then asked the girl, "Is that your grandma?" Girl nodded. "How old is she? That's one good looking woman."

What was priceless was the look on the girl's face. You could see the absolute horror that some old man was checking her nana out. That was just not right.

The old man went on to say, "I'm probably wrong here, but I bet she's not even 70. You'll probably say she's much older, but wow, she looks great." I saw him glance back in grandma's direction again. The young girl pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and looked like she was engrossed in texting somebody. I think she was just trying to avoid having to give her grandma's phone number to the guy in the Costco line.

But man, when I'm an old lady, I hope I can still attract the attention of the dudes out there. Chick's still got game!

No comments: