My babies

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Siri vs. Iris

This morning my husband and I were lying in bed planning our day. Tonight we are catching a show at the Moore Theater in Seattle. We were trying to figure out what time we needed to leave to get some dinner and the show. We got out our phones to get directions to the theater. I have an Android -- Samsung Galaxy S4. It's not even the latest and greatest in the line. There have been at least two upgrades since this model. Nevertheless, I love this phone. I've no doubt the manufacturer will put in updates to mess with its functionality and twist my arm to upgrading, but for now, it's pretty great. My husband has the Apple iPhone 5.

I went first.

Me:  Where is the Moore Theater in Seattle?

Android:  Here is a map to the Moore Theater in Seattle.


He went second.

Him:  Where is the Moore Theater in Seattle?

Siri: I cannot find the Moore Theater in Seattle.

Him: Let's try again. Where is the Moore Theater in Seattle?

Siri:  There are no theaters in Seattle.

Him:  Siri, what the hell is wrong with you?

Siri: I apologize.


Me = smug.


No comments: