My babies

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Net positive

Today, I got to go to the gym. It was a close thing because daughter #1 decided she wanted to go to the library and needed to be picked up at 5 PM. I hurriedly packed my gym bag and rushed out the door. Not a bad time because I wanted to take the 5:30 PM Zumba class. That would have been plenty of time to make it to the library, bring her home, and then get back to the gym. Of course, she ended up sitting somewhere else and I couldn't find her until 5:10 PM. I managed to make the class anyway thanks to the favor of the parking space faeries.

Zumba was especially fun because it was a new to me instructor. She was clearly a dancer. I didn't understand a lot of her cues just because this is exactly my 4th Zumba class ever. But half the fun of group fitness is screwing up the moves and looking like a fool. You still get your heart rate up no matter how ridiculous you look.

Lessons learned:

1. Pack your gym bag ahead of time -- well ahead of time, so you know you've done it right. I remembered to get new underwear for afterwards but apparently in my haste, I packed two bras and no panties. I also neglected to pack a fresh shirt. Grr. I did pack 2 sets of flip flops to shower.

2. I know she's only 11, but maybe it is time to rally behind the girl so she can get a cell phone.

That is all.

No comments: