My babies

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Balls of yarn

We had a Girl Scout meeting last night. The brownie who was running the content of our meeting had us turning skeins of yarn into balls of yarn so that we'd be prepared to teach preschool potential scouts how to make yarn dolls. You would be surprised how hard it is to efficiently turn skeins of yarn into balls of yarn.

I complained, "Every time I try to go fast, I drop my ball."

My daughter said, "I'm making them half fast."

What you need to know now is that when my 9 year old brownie girl scout said that, the other parent there and I both about dropped our balls. Say the phrase "half fast" out loud and you'll see what I mean.

Then I replayed what she said and very carefully inquired, "So you're making them half (pause) fast?"

She nodded and said, "yeah, but I still drop them."

The other parent there and I about fell over laughing but the rest of the girls had no idea why.

No comments: