My babies

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yes, we have no bananas

I live with crazy people. Lil'T is perhaps the craziest of them all.

Me: What do you want for breakfast? There's cereal. There's toast. I can make eggs. There's fruit...

T: Hmmm... Bananas.

Me: We don't have bananas. We have watermelon, apples and oranges.

T: Hmmm... Grapes.

Me: We don't have grapes. We have watermelon, apples and oranges.

T: Okay. I want bananas.

Me: We don't have bananas. We have watermelon, apples and oranges.


This went on for a good ten minutes or so. I was reminded of that scene from Red Dwarf when Holly informs Dave that everybody is dead. Dave keeps questioning if individual people from the crew are dead. Holly resorts to using every permutation of the four words: everybody, is, dead, Dave.

We have apples, watermelon, and oranges. Oranges, apples, and watermelon, we have. Apples we have; oranges we have; watermelon we have. And so on.

Ultimately I let her have spaghetti left over from dinner, canned cranberry jelly and a glass of milk. This was her breakfast.

I have a few errands to run. I'll need to buy some bananas and grapes. Even though tomorrow I've no doubt that she'll want to eat peaches.

No comments: