My babies

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fw: fundraising for the kids

Forwarded Message ----
From: Tess H
To: Dwite; Lola ; Uncle Nofre ; Mom & Dad Haddon
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 9:26:06 PM
Subject: fundraising for the kids

I'm figuring I'm going to end up asking you all for money for the 3 kids activities so why not today, right?

Just got back from Lil' T's preschool meeting. Looks like the fundraising goal for the parents is going to be in the ball park $350 per family. Princess's is far more reasonable at $100. I haven't gotten word from That's school, but it is probably going to be around $100 too.

Lil'T's school is a non-profit organization so you can send a tax deductible donation directly to the school. Another way you can help is to go to www.eScrip.com and sign up your Safeway card for their school. It doesn't matter where you live, they'll hook you up to send the donation to her school. The school is really hurting because the location they were in when Princess was their student flooded last year. This left them to move to a new location. It is a great space, but to move the play structure, it will cost $12,000 -- which is far more than they can afford. Until then, the kids will be playing on some pretty cool boulders and the dirt. Imagine Lil'T in dirt. I know, pathetic.

Princess is going to be in a jogathon, where she does exercises for the day and you sponsor her. Checks can be made out to the PTO.

That has a similar thing in the math-a-thon, where he does math problems in a quizbowl type setting and you sponsor him. Checks can be made out to the PTO.

I'll leave you with this -- Lil' T in the dirt playing with rocks.

Worse -- Lil'T playing in the MUD with rocks.
 
Tess


I sent this email to my usual suspects in the family. My brother without kids of his own and the grands. But I am sharing it with all of you because buried in there is a great program for fundraising which is absolutely painless -- www.eScrip.com -- and all you have to do is sign up your Safeway or Vons or whatever participating grocery store club membership card number is and you'll be able to funnel money to your cause. Now, for my 3 kids, all of their schools are participating. It is a great source of year round revenue. My Safeway card garnered about $10 for the school in half a year. It isn't much, but if you consider how many families are participating, that turns into real money real fast. You can also register your Macy's card or local participating retail credit card.

So reader, if you'd like to give your Safeway pennies to Lil'T's school so she won't be playing in the dirt for much longer, please email me and I'll send you her school number. You can select 3 schools, churches or other nonprofit organizations to recieve your eScrip dollars.

And really, can you stand thinking about my sweet Little T being left to play in the mud? Heartbreaking, isn't it?

No comments: