My babies

Monday, July 7, 2008

A little more of That

I posted the slide show of our trip to San Francisco. You might have wondered why I had a picture of the "Old Timer" stall from the San Francisco Zoo. Well, here's the story.

My kids and my mom were walking through the barn at the petting zoo. There was a stall to the left labeled "Old Timer."

My son said, "Look Lola! It's an Old Timer. Just like you."

My mother, after peering into the stall she said to me, "Your son is calling me an old goat."

Someday he'll want for better skills at talking with people of the opposite gender. That day has not yet arrived.

Although, over the weekend he made us all proud with some fabulous theatrics.

We were playing a game called Werewolves. It is a good party game very similar to the game Mafia. In a nutshell, you are either townsfolk or you are werewolves. Some townsfolk play special roles like Cupid who picks 2 people to be lovers. Should one of the lovers die, the other dies instantly of heartbreak. In our group of friends, we had 1 eleven year old girl and 2 eleven year old boys. It never got old to pair up the one girl with one of the 2 boys because they grossed out so much at being one of the lovers. Anyway, on one such occasion, the poor girl was picked first to die and we waited to see who would join her in death. At the perfect moment, my son cried out, "No!!! Why her! Please, not her!!!" He fell to the floor in one of the most dramatic death scenes I've ever witnessed. The rest of us were totally cracking up and applauding such a great interpretation of his role.

I need to get that kid into acting lessons.

No comments: