My babies

Friday, May 9, 2008

His friend Jeremy

When I need a quick pick me up, I like to peruse the offerings at website called Engrish.com. They show funny english words or phrases on products or signs that are corruptions of the English language. This goes beyond the simple misspelling, but more to strange new meanings that only a native speaker would understand. Like how having a drink called "Coolpis," might not be the most appetizing prospect on a hot summer day. Or how your marketing department might need a reorganization if they named your new candy "Dew-dew". It isn't only potty humor. Like the most recent discovery was of a very indecisive store called, "Go Go Come." Talk about mixed messages.

A work colleague of my husband is visiting from Taiwan. Jeremy thoughtfully brought presents to his friends here. Here is a picture of what we received.

Like any good morning cereal box, it comes with puzzles. Here's a closeup of the word scramble.It isn't that hard to solve the puzzle but just in case you're stumped, I put it as one of the labels for this post.


There are the simple misspellings like bayery for bakery, serring for serving, carbohy drate for carbohydrate, too many 'e's in protien. Those were fun.

But my favorite engrish from the box was this.


What's that you say? No engrish there. Oh, but my friend, when you open the box, the engrish becomes quite evident.

Yeah, that's not cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it? I guess I'm not up on my pastries.
Nancy V