My babies

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Miracle of life according to Princess

While I was braiding her hair, Princess excitedly educated me about babies.

"Sometimes, even if babies can't see the other baby, they'll fight each other."

I had to admit, I couldn't even begin to comprehend what that meant. I had me some learning to do. I told her that I didn't know what she was talking about.

"See Mommy, if say a baby is inside its mommy, then there's a wall here," she touched my abdomen. "So the baby can't see outside because of that wall. And then, if there is another baby on its mommy's lap, even if it can't see the baby, it will fight because it thinks, 'Hey, that's my mommy!'"

"Like this one time, when you were at the gym and Lil'T was sitting on the lap of the teacher in that room (the child care room), she had a baby in her belly, and that baby could tell that Lil'T was sitting on her mommy's lap. She was kicking Lil'T in the back. And when Lil'T got off the teacher's lap, we could still see something moving under the teacher's shirt. We told her that the baby was still fighting. Isn't that funny?"

I asked Princess if she remembered that Lil'T used to kick her when I was pregnant with Lil'T. And I asked if she remembered kicking her brother when she was in my belly. She couldn't remember any of it. That's okay though. I do.

No comments: