My babies

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Famous Musician

Yesterday was Princess's birthday. We're in full ramp up mode for her slumber party this weekend. Her room has been cleaned. We're trying to figure out where we're going to place 7 little girls. I kind of think I might be able to beg my MD for some tranquilizers. Not for them. For me. I'm stocking up on some ear plugs. 7 little girls. What was I thinking?

But, as I was saying, yesterday was Princess's birthday. When I asked her what kind of day she had a school, the standard, "Good," was replaced with, "Super!" Not only did the kids at school sing the Happy Birthday song to her, not only did she get the birthday bear at her desk all day long, there was a special assembly at school for a "famous musician."

Man, that phrase just brought warm feelings to my heart. I *loved* special assemblies. Okay, now you probably know way too much about the kind of kid I was. But they were usually fun and meant that you didn't have to learn anything for a little while.

So I asked, "What was the musicians name?" I kind of predicted she wouldn't remember.

Taking a different tack, "What kind of instrument did he play?"

She looked at me like I was a little soft in the head. "He didn't play any instrument."

"Oh, so what songs did he sing?"

Again with that look of poor-mommy-is-so-confused, she said, "Not musician like singing songs. Musician like pulling a rabbit out of a hat."

I loved her explanation. And I didn't correct her. Does that make me a bad mommy? I did verify that she did say musician. She was very definite about that. It was musician. I'm sure she'll figure it out by the time she turns 8.

No comments: