My babies

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bragging about my offspring

From That's Knowledge Master Coach:

"Hello 5th grade Knowledge Master Open team member!!! Congratulations on your awesome job on your very first competition. You scored 692 points and came in 2nd in the state and 23rd in the nation out of 248 teams..."

In That's words:

"Knowledge Masters is a team competition where students with high academic strengths are chosen by taking a test with general knowledge questions. I did especially well on questions about early weaponry. I told Mom that playing Diablo with Dad finally paid off. There were 16 people on the team out of 332 fifth graders in my school. It didn't actually take that much work to prepare. Just a few questions on a website. We'd practice once a week for an hour and 15 minutes after school. The hardest part was coming to a decision because everybody seemed to have their own answers and often shouted it out so they could be heard. It was kind of chaotic in the first practice. Sometimes the captain wouldn't be able to decide whose answer was correct. And that would make the typist worried so he'd hit a button that he thought was correct. Also, there were times when the captain would get anxious about time running out and would randomly pick an answer even though we'd be working it out. That happened a few times when I was just about to give the calculated answer and it was too late. That was frustrating. It got better as we went along. We learned how to talk to each other and make decisions better. It was pretty cool. When we first practiced, we got 732 points which was better than our real score which was 692. I keep thinking that we probably would have been in first place with that score! Maybe next time."


I'm feeling pretty proud of the boy. How awesome that he tried out and made the team. Hooyah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you got my bachi (sp?) "That" is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your super smart kid! I like his analysis too!