My babies

Saturday, March 7, 2015

An Abundance of Julies

There is a new standing rule in my house. I'm not entirely sure how new it is, but my husband has gotten cross with me. This is how many of our conversations go now-a-days.

Me:  I just got a text from Julie. She's finally coming home.

Him: Which Julie?

Me: Julie M. She's been out of country for over a week with that injury. Oh, that reminds me. I need to call Julie.

Him: Julie M.?

Me: No, Julie G. She said she was out of town pretty soon.

I've got an Aunty Julie. My sister-in-law has a Julie sister. There are also the Julias, which are close enough to Julie that there is still confusion. There's Julia J. who sometimes I can remember to call "Hoolia," because that's how her mother-in-law says her name, and Julia S. who is friends with our son. There's even a Juliette but she doesn't come up in conversation nearly as much.

So now he's told me that I may not use the name Juli* without specification of which one I'm talking about. Even Lil't makes me specify which Juli* I'm talking about/to.

I may just have to resort to last names. Or maybe, he could just keep up.

No comments: