My babies

Monday, March 19, 2012

If you don't know me by now...

Facebook doesn't know me very well.

Not that I really want the kind of weird brain probe market research to work at all, but you'd think it would be sort of in the ball park. Like if I post about my kid's soccer game, they'd have ads about sports gear on the side bar. Or if I write congratulations on your new baby, there'd be ads for Babies R Us popping up on the side bar.

But today there was utter fail.

Earlier in the day, I was trying to look up an old friend. I entered his name (he happens to be African American) and I picked one of the results to see if it was the right guy. It wasn't. I was unsuccessful. No big. Then later, one of my friends was complaining that she bought Easter candy only to realize that she'd given it up for Lent. I responded that she should remember that you're not supposed to indulge until Easter any way.

So now, Facebook puts up ads for Christian dating services catering to older people who are African American. I get the Christian thing. I even sort of get the black guy thing. But the senior thing?

Really?


No comments: