My babies

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lasts a lifetime

The other day I was at some store and saw a woman who was maybe my age or perhaps a few years younger. Anyway, she looked like your average housefrau. She was dressed in jeans and a shirt, nothing remarkable. The reason why I noticed her though was that she had an interesting tattoo on the back of her neck. It looked like jaguar spots, except all brown. It took me a second for just the right brain cell to engage for me to remember why that looked so familiar. She had tattooed her neck to look like a Trill from Star Trek: DS9.

Can you imagine that? What a freak! I mean, a decision you make in your twenties (maybe) to look all cool like Jadzia Dax from Star Trek won't look so cool when you're an octogenarian and the series has been gone for half a century! All I could see was her neck. What if the spots go "all the way down," as Jadzia used to say. YIKES! Sure she was probably the talk of the town at the Comic Con when she was a youngin' but now... What if she had her name changed to Jadzia and made her husband change his to Worf? That's just crazy talk. Her husband wasn't with her but I wonder what they named the kids. Ezri? Bashir? Narisse? Riker? Oh wait.

Nevermind.

No comments: