My babies

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Midlife crisis

There is nothing quite as effective in making you feel older than organizing old pictures. I finally got to that box in the back of the closet with packets and packets of pictures in it. Some of those pictures were 12 years old. When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't really think I look all that different than I did 10 years ago or 12 years ago, but when faced with the evidence...

So in a rare moment of feeling my age and the insecurity that comes with it, I looked to my husband for reassurance.

Me: You're not going to trade me in for a younger, prettier model, are you?

Him: No, of course not.

At that point he put his arm around me and kissed me on the forehead. He should have stopped there.

Him: I mean, it doesn't mean I won't try. I just don't think it likely I'll succeed.

Dork.

No comments: