My babies

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Applause

Television has woefully been missing a good clapping themesong. Ever since Friends has left primetime, there haven't been any good clapping opening songs. Clapping along with a song is just friggin' fun. Tell me it's not. I admit that I struggled to get that timing just right. Those four fast claps only come once during the song. Miss them and you'll have to wait a whole week before you can try it again. Yeah, this was in the dark ages. The time before Tivo.



Imagine how my heart warmed to hear the promos for the new series Life on Mars. A new clapping song!!! But much more complicated than just 4 staccato claps. So I played the show off the website. I was so excited for a new clapping song. The opening scene didn't disappoint. There it was : When it all falls down... *clap, clap, clap*. Engaging syncopated rhythm. But then, there it went. I don't think it is the theme song for the series.

Oh, how sad for me. I guess I'll just have to wait for Friends reruns.

No comments: