My babies

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Colors in low light

Yesterday we took the kids to go mini-golfing and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Just your typical Saturday with the Haddons, really. But this time we were taking our new car. We're still trying to get accustomed to it. There are all sorts of bells and whistles on the car we need to figure out. What a great thing to know that the kids can listen to their DVD while we are listening to the radio or CD because they've got headphones. Joy. We spent at least an hour in our driveway adjusting the driver's seat and programming our remotes. The car is just cool.

Yesterday evening, it had already gotten dark by the time we were leaving the grocery store. The kids and I were walking back to our car. Hubby and Lil'T were still in the store but I figured they would catch up as soon as Lil'T decided it was time to leave. You know, terrible twos and all. I walked up behind the Odyssey Touring and pressed the remote to unlock. Nothing happened. I pressed all the buttons and nothing happened. No way. So I stood there dumbly for a moment when That said, "This isn't our car."

"Yes, it is," I protested, "See, it says 'Touring' on it."

"No mom, I know it's not our car because it is playing Thomas the Tank Engine in the DVD player."

When I finally looked up and paid atttention, I discovered that not only was it not our car, but it was occupied and the driver was waiting for me to move so she could back up.

Doh.

No comments: