My babies

Monday, February 25, 2008

I hope it's the Light Side

Recently, my hubby and son have found great pleasure singing (incessantly) a song parody from Weird Al Yankovich. It's about Anakin Skywalker. It has the tune of "American Pie." The chorus goes like this:


My, my, this here Anakin guy/could be Vader someday later/ but he's just a small fry/ he left his home and kissed his mommy good-bye/ sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi,/ soon I'm gonna be a Jedi."


The internet is ripe with parodies and interpretations on the whole Lucasverse. It totally threw me off when one of the featured videos on YouTube was all about Star Wars. Dude, it's like it is invading my life. But here are a couple of vids about it that I just love. The first is a kid telling the whole story of the first Star Wars to hit the theaters. Back when Lucas still had a palpable pulse. The next is a great parody done by some kid only using his webcam and puppets. I think it is brilliant. Enjoy.

No comments: