My babies

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The email list of questions

There is an email survey that has been circulating. I've received it several times. I try to reply and send it back to the person who sent it to me, but I don't forward it. I think there are a few versions, but I figured it might be easier for me just to post it here and you can read it if you want to.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my mother's late half sister, both my grandmothers, my father and mother. I have 6 names all together if you count Haddon.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Watching "The Business of Being Born," during several birth scenes. Gets me every time.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No. When I was in the 4th grade, I was one of 2 girls who was sent to detention to practice my handwriting. They said it wasn't punishment, but extra practice time. Yeah, right. It was definitely punitive and I still resent it. Man, that was 29 years ago. Still bugs me.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Roast beef -- that was a stretch because I usually don't eat sandwiches.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, 3 of my own and 10 girl scouts in my troop.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Totally. I'd stalk me I'm that awesome.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
See above answer.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No, same argument for why I don't parachute. Why jump off a perfectly good bridge? And do I really need people to see me crap myself? I think all bungee jumpers should wear a pair of Depends just out of politeness.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
There is a pumpkin seed/flax seed granola at Costco that is pretty good, but I've not had a fave cereal since I was a kid. Back then it was the peanut butter balls from Cap'n Crunch.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes, well usually. I hate to admit it but there is a pair of shoes that I don't untie when I take them off, but they're the exception to the rule.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG?
No -- I depend a lot on my friends and family, but I think they depend on me too.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Hagaan Daz Bavarian Chocolate Chocolate Chip -- and no I didn't stutter. That is what it is called, and I've not had it since I graduated from the U and moved away from the Hagaan Daz store. But it was *that* good, it is still my favorite.
14.WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Stink. Or maybe I should say scent.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red -- it's been my favorite color since I was a little kid.
16.WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My use of the word "should." I'm still trying to break that. It encompasses all kinds of things like, I *should* exercise more. I *should* avoid sweets. I *should* clean my refrigerator.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My dad.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
I don't forward stuff, but I figured you'd want to read my answers.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
brown pants, fuzzy sheepskin slippers
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
grapes
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
NPR
22.IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Toasted Coconut
23.FAVORITE SMELLS?
Coconut -- reminds me of Hawaii, my husband (only during certain times of the day)
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Mom
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH.
UFC -- mixed martial arts, Hooyah!
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown
28. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Tiramisu
29. EYE COLOR?
brown
30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No
31. FAVORITE FOOD.
my mom's cooking -- especially her lumpia.
32. SCARY MOVIE OR HAPPY ENDING?
Scary movie -- weird happy connections in my psyche because of being born in October. I associate scary movies with happy events. All except for the Exorcist movies. Those scare me too much. They make hubby laugh, but me? I scream.
33.LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Business of Being Born -- about birthing in the United States.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer -- low tide strolls, long lazy days, throwing the kids in the back yard, WARMTH -- yeah, summer.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
What kind of choice is that? I'm not gonna choose. Both are equally great and desired depending on the person I'm with. Does that sound kind of creepy? What I mean to say is that when I see my friends, I like hugs. When I'm with my family, I like kisses. And some of my friends, especially the ones from Hawaii, get kisses on the cheek because that is just what we do.
36. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Again, not sending it out.
37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
See above.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?
Power by Linda Hogan (a gift from my friend Kaya)
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't have a mouse pad. This is not a plea to be sent one either.
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT.
Super Nanny -- I tell you, that show convinces me that I'm not such a bad parent after all. And it amazes me that people allow the camera crews into their houses, especially with what some of them do.
41. FAVORITE SOUND?
Loved ones opening the door -- like when the kids come home from school or when hubby comes home from work.
42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles -- they don't creep me out because they stopped singing together when they were still young. Rolling Stones are geezers held together by spandex and silicone.
43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Puerto Rico
44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
From Hubby, "Good with organizing parties, good writer, lousy at games (at least I play though), good cook, good with song lyrics."
Man, I rock. I should add that I'm good with a few games: 10 days in Africa, Lost Cities, & Speed. I know a lot of Christmas carol lyrics which amazes my husband who can only remember 1 line out of every song that he hears, and then sings it repeatedly throughout the day. Right now he's on La Bamba. Except he's singing, "La - lasagne! La - lasagne!" That's the man I married.
45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Honolulu
46. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING MOST FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Refer to questions 18, 36 & 37

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#17-I miss him too. A day doesn't go by when I wish he was here to see all of his new grandchildren.