My babies

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mama doesn't want it either

Lil'T will often escape when we're changing her diaper. She loves going commando, if you know what I mean. If she's undiapered for a second, and she can get away, she will. Today, she made her escape from her daddy. I was preparing dinner at the time and the pint sized streaker came running through the kitchen while Daddy gave chase.

The next thing I knew, I heard, "Oh no! Give it to Mommy! Give it to Mommy!" It was a panicked cry from my husband.

Sweet Lil'T came into the kitchen holding a little turd in her outstretched hand. And she got the exact same reaction from me that her father gave to her. I jumped about 3 feet back from her and ran to get a paper towel to catch it before it went on the floor.

My husband recovered from his initial shock and picked her up from behind (I mean from behind her, not her behind) and brought her to the toilet to send her little turd to go play with the other turds in the septic tank. She was able to add 2 more to the collection (with the usual applause from all adults around her and confirmation from her, "I did it!") before we bathed her and scrubbed her hand with a soapy washcloth and hot water.

Ah... the joys of parenthood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing as I'm going to be a first time parent in about 7 1/2 months this is not a story that makes parenthood look appealing. It's one of those stories that is only cute if it happens to someone else. I'm scared of a baby running around with poo! Nancy

Chris Kline said...

Ha, I love it. Not long after Amy, our eldest, was born, she had a blowout all over me. I'm in our little condo's bathroom yelling for my wife to come help quick. There's poop all over me. She just stood in the doorway of the bathroom and exclaimed, "what, it's just poop." Precisely. That was a turning day in my life. Before that, I yelled. Since then, I've laughed (many times) when I get to deal with THAT! :-)

For another cute chlid-excrement storey, see our friend's post at http://tamicaleb.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That's my brother, quick on his feet!