My babies

Monday, October 29, 2007

Our new names

This 2 year old age is such a fun part of growing up. My youngest is learning new words at such a quick pace, it is hard to catch up. She's renamed a few people in the family. Uncle Nofre is named, "Nana." Those of you who know any Ilocano are aware that nana = auntie, but tata is uncle. I think he's just tickled that he's got a name. My mother, who should be referred to as, "Lola," is now, "Mom." That hurt a little, but I'm over it. My other daughter has been renamed with a 'd' as her first initial instead of a 'c'. But my son is known as, "That."

My son was feeling a little bad because he's not being called by his name, but I figure it is okay. Think of the possibilities. Every time somebody says, "That's cool," they would be referring to him. How about, "That's awesome! That's amazing! That's my boy!" See, it's not all bad.

So when he starts grousing about how the baby won't say his name, I commiserate and say, "That's a bummer."

1 comment:

Jolayne said...

So, your husband and my husband used to work together and would probably like to work together again. Chris directed me to your site, and I just wanted to applaud your sense of humor. Your site is fun to read.