My babies

Friday, September 14, 2007

Name of my future nephew


My brother and his wife are expecting their 3rd child -- a boy -- on December 25, 2007. Some of you might make an interesting connection, knowing a little about our family's history.

My dad was visiting us from Hawaii, for a Christmas family reunion when he died suddenly of a heart attack on Christmas Eve 2002.

My 3rd child was conceived on the 2nd anniversary of my father's death. Strange that. And my brother's wife's due date is Dec. 25, the day after the anniversary of my father's passing. I think it is no accident that they -- this new generation -- are coming at a time to change that anniversary of death into an anniversary of life.

But anyway, about my future nephew's name. My brother had considered the name Nicholas, which I thought would have been perfect, considering the time of year, but he thought that it might be too cliche. So instead, he asked me and my mom what we thought.

I did what any self respecting computer user would do. I googled for baby names. I found a wonderful site called, http://www.babynamesworld.com

I do want to give you a little bit of back story about this though. My brother called me on the last day of April sounding a little bit out of sorts. He said that he was thinking that Mom should come up for a visit. I asked when. He said in about 9 months. My brother was in complete shock. Their twins had just turned 2 years old. So when his wife called and asked when he would be home because she had something to tell him, he knew instantly. While on the phone with me, he missed the exit he was supposed to take to get home, the same one he takes every day. To say he was distracted would be an understatement. He was looking forward to his wife getting back to work when the kids were in school the next year. But this baby had his own timing and that timing was now.

So back to babynamesworld.com. Mom and I found a great name in the "a" section that means "Navy Blue." That is a very strong and masculine meaning. And when you say the name, it is quite possibly the first utterance my brother made upon hearing that his wife was pregnant. You'll have to click the hyperlink because this is a purely rated G blog. Let me tell you this though, you have not lived until you have heard my saintly 70-year-old mother read this name and cackle uproariously afterwards.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww Tess. . . Now I'm curious to hear what Dwight said. . .
But I am LOL just imagining "how" your mother said it.

I'm so happy for your brother and sister-in-law!

Just me, "G" in Hawaii